Friday, February 02, 2007

Update! Update!

Wow. So yeah it's been awhile since my last post. Sorry about that. I've been a bit busy with a number of things you know. Such as school, work and staying here at a friends' while her husband is in Africa. I babysit for her pretty regularly, so it's been fun. She has three kids, 6, 2 and 6 months, they're pretty cute :) I've been here for two weeks, her hubby gets back tomorrow and everyone is excited. We just took the kids to the mall for dinner and to play at the play place on the giant plastic breakfast foods. It's pretty funny to see kids sliding down a ginormous strip of bacon. Nyuk nyuk. So needless to say I've been pretty busy going from work with kids to the house with more kids to class with big kids.

Managed to crank out an idea for a research/synthesis paper for my capstone class last night and today. I had no idea what I was going to write about, but I eventually came up with the artist's responsibility especially focusing on the art of William Kentridge http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO7-pjHaL-U

I'm also working on designing collateral for the fake North American tour of the band Over the Rhine, whom I love. So that's fun, a bit daunting, but fun design.

Art history and capstone are a lot of reading, and I have those two classes back to back on thursdays, so basically I feel like a veal by 6 pm. After all the discussion about articles, society, postmodernism, and crazy artists and their hideous art I'm basically ready to explode into a cloud of anti-thought.

So that's it! Blug. I'll try to post more later.

3 Comments:

Blogger DaWheeze said...

I distinctly remember posting on this just yesterday, what happened to my "yummy giant bacon" comment I wonder? Yes, well, that was the gist of my former comment and I have nothing to add other than "hello sister!"

1:03 PM  
Blogger clem said...

Sounds like the high life there kiddo. Saw "dawheeze" yesterday at the S-Bowl. Then took her to CTK to get a ride with her Seromik-sister, and view the Christ the King Lake inside the sanctuary. Not a pretty sight or site. Ask M.O.M. who might have a janitorial perspective.

5:06 PM  
Blogger D.Cous. said...

Aha! I have uncovered the mystery of Dawheeze's missing comment. You (Lindsey) have somehow managed to post this post twice--one on top of the other. If you scroll down the page, you'll see the same post again, with dawheeze's comment cheerfully attached to it. I should be a detective ;) Stay warm out there, Linds. I hope you feel better soon!

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home