Monday, November 13, 2006

Permit me a Cruel Chuckle...

Well, it's been some time hasn't it? I don't really have much to post about, I just felt that two weeks is a pretty substantial interval between posts. I will let that be a testimony to how busy I am.

Two weekends ago I was home and had a blast at a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert in Detroit with Donal and two other friends. That same group then went to the Michigan/Ball State game the next day. The concert was awesome, my throat hurt from screaming for an encore. The game was...good...a little too close but amazing just the same. Guess who was there?

Jean Luc Picard!!?! He conducted the Marching Band in the Star Trek theme. I was beside myself. Basically, I screamed myself hoarse that weekend.

Then I did homework and took a test, got an A on that test and my last Graphics project, slept a moderate amount, got peed on several times, and read Mrs. Dalloway and cried during both the book and the movie.

This weekend was a lot of fun, very busy. Lots of people came to visit. Donal, Maryn, Daniel, and some other friends. On friday night Donal and I went out with some of my friends to a bar called "Shots," I didn't do any though. Just had two beers. Said beers then caused me to fall asleep during the watching of "One Fine Day" that night with sisters, Noelle, and Donal. Much to their amusement apparently. Saturday, Donal and I went out to breakfast at a place called "New B to Paul and Christy's (a family I babysit for, also friends) so that they could finally meet my "hairy sexy man." We watched the Michigan game (woot woot....) and then Donal, Grace (oldest kid) went on a "Mission" to Taco Bell, McDonald's and a Party Store to pick up dinner. We stayed for dinner, family prayers, bedtime and then hung out some more afterwards. We didn't leave until 11 :) When we got home, there were a brazillion people over watching disney's Robin Hood. I love that movie to death. "Sudden! Instant! and even...immediate death!" They don't make 'em like they used to. Sunday a bunch of us went to Mass and then out to lunch/brunch at a mediterranean restaurant. Lauren left straight from the restaurant for a concert on campus I gave her my keys... When the rest of us returned to our house I walked up the steps...reached for my keys...@#^@@$*!! I gave them to lauren, we were definitely locked out. We eventually managed to break in through our bedroom window (I remembered I'd left it unlocked after checking how cold it was last week). After everyone left, I managed to get a bit of research done for my family paper, in the form of old family letters. Quite hilarious actually. When Lauren returned from her concert, we went over to the Parr's so I could practice guitar for UCO with Jim. Since a water main broke in Kirkhof, UCO was relocated to the Guys' house downtown. We played spoons (elena broke her nail into my wrist...ouch), darts, fuzzball and messed around for many hours. Those of us of Age consumed a small amount of alcohol. I've decided I'm a big fan of Leinenkugel. Good times. I was quite exhausted and this morning I was yawning my face off and little Grace said "Looks like Miss Mishler is tired, did you go to bed at the right time last night?" I answered merely "No I didn't, I should have gone to bed a lot sooner." Those kids... :)

Anyways, speaking of having a lot of work to do...

7 Comments:

Blogger DaWheeze said...

I think you should post some of the stories from Marnie-Mom letters. Also, what is "fuzzball" and how do you play it? If you mean the table with little men on sticks to hit the ball around with, I think you spelled it wrong...

5:18 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

uh...fuzzball is a game involving dust mites typically gathered from under couches...teams compete to see who can get the biggest ball of dust...

actually I did mean the table with the little men on sticks. how is that spelled anyway? I'm horrible at it no matter what the spelling.

5:29 PM  
Blogger D.Cous. said...

I'd say probably "fooseball," but I'm no expert. The weekend was fun (actually, both of those mentioned were), thanks. I even had fun when we were locked out of your house, if only because now I know which of your neighbors to borrow a ladder from ;)

1:24 AM  
Blogger M.O.M. said...

Wow, being a senior is just way too much fun.

Hey Donal...fuggedabout da laddah. How do you spell that mishmash anyway. Snip snippity snip snip snip sniperoo, if a ladder you use, that's what I'll do. (sung to Chim Chiminey from Mary Poppins) Yeah, I know, needs work.

7:01 PM  
Blogger DaWheeze said...

It's actually "foosball" without the "e", but good guess Donal. Mom, the song is frightening. Lindsey, I think you should try to market that new game of yours (fuzzball) it could be a hit at your house...lots of material ;)

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm, ditto to maryn's comment about the song. I'm just guessing that he didn't actually mean what you think he meant.

Fuzzball...interesting. I'll have to think of marketing it.

2:05 PM  
Blogger clem said...

Speaking of words, what is "brazillion?" Sounds like a mob of Portugese-speaking females clad in intimate apparel.

Here's another word for you - verisimilitude.

I vote for some of those kid stories from Marnie.

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home