Thursday, October 12, 2006

"Piracy is our only option"

Due to the response to my previous pee posts I will herein refrain from any more discussion regarding that topic (unless there happens some extreme event which I feel must be communicated to my readers for whatever reason).

On another note, our field trip finally happened, on Monday. We went to an orchard in Caledonia, about a 20 minute bus ride away. There were only a few kids who were unchaperoned, and we paired them off with their friends, with the idea that I would not be chasing children around a pumpkin patch. Well. Ha. Some of those parents might as well not have come for all the attention they paid their offspring. Yeah, that's your kid climbing into the goat pen, gonna stop him? eh? Oh ok, no that's cool I'll pry him from the fence.

And another note: It snowed big time out here. Well, by "big time" I mean an inch. But still OC-FREAKING-TOBER the TWELFTH!!!! In its defense, snow does look very lovely on the fall-colored trees. There's no snow left on the ground now really, but it's windy as a pickle out there. I'm not looking forward to hiking across campus to talk about sex in my soc class. Sigh. Isn't there anyone else out there who thinks that sex should be between a married man and woman? (married to EACH OTHER by the way...) Sigh.

Oh yeah, speaking of the title of this post: We're watching/reading Sense and Sensibility for my novel/film class. Love it love it. I've tried to be quiet during the film, but a few comments escaped me, much to the amusement of my classmates, one of whom queried "Is this a slumber party?" Oh well, we can't expect everyone to appreciate the finer points of romantic dialogue and intrigue can we? Speaking of romantic dialogue and Bollywood, I rented the Indian version of S&S entitled "I have found it." Thoroughly enjoyable, even with the bizarre musical numbers...more on that later.

And now I begin my intrepid quest set to Howard Shore's "Return of the King" soundtrack. It makes me feel as though I'm doing something much more daring than walking to my class...

6 Comments:

Blogger D.Cous. said...

Hahah, you and your chick flicks. You should've gone to class with your huge mug o' tea and pajamas, a big blanket in tow, and then start giggling and talking about boys and shopping.

10:40 AM  
Blogger M.O.M. said...

Nope Donal - she would giggle about Colin Firth as Darcy, Colonel Brandon and the other leading MEN, not boys.
As for shopping, the giggling would be about the differences between shopping with boys/men vs. girls/women.
You lost me Lindsey on the quote. Where is it from?? S and S? When?
We returned your very inappropriate Entertainment Weekly with the Battlestar Galactica cover to the library. Dad kept turning it over, facedown. That was my hint. I just would look at the hairy dude and think "gross" and then wonder how long I could keep my back curved like the chick's before I collapsed in agony from lower back pain. Must be getting old. Sigh.
How's your "Family" class by the way? Tee hee.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Right you are mother. There were definitely a few giggly moments last night in class as well. Especially during the scene when Edward comes to see Elinor but Lucy's there too!! Gasp and a half!!

Quote was from S+S yes, but the movie not the book. It's the scene where Edward and Elinor are riding horses and she says something like men are fortunate because their fortunes are handed down to them, "we cannot even earn ours" to which ed replies, "Perhaps margaret is right, piracy is our only option."

Fun stuff. Families class is meh, going ok, we just might be done talking about sex, which is fine with me.

1:55 PM  
Blogger DaWheeze said...

I think walking to class can be very daring. Especially if there's a test...like this Thursday...AHHHHH!!! I'm going back to studying now :(

8:27 PM  
Blogger Reenie said...

S&S is a great flick. glad to not hear about further piddling incidents in the classroom :) i just can't believe its already mid-October!! AHhhhhh!!!

"put it on, put it all on, and ____________ will take it all off" name that quote!!

9:26 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Poor Maryn! Good luck today!

Reenie: have I seen this film? I feel like if you fill in the blank I'll go ahhh!!! but hmmm... the only thing in my head is Bridget Jones, but that doesn't feel right. Oh well.

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home