Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Lots of Pee

Greetings. I am currently not in class and not home...I'm a little worried about that. I blame facebook and blogs.

Anyways, news-wise not much to report. Since finishing my quilt I have moved on to other homework related things such as my Stravinsky postcards (crit yesterday, well received thank GOD) and maybe my Soc. test (I say maybe because it's on thursday, and because I sort of flipped through my book today). Mostly I've been working and going to bed. Speaking of work and pee...could we just say that children should be potty trained before entering school????

Seriously, it's kind of gross and very unsanitary (unless pee really is sterile?) to have kids PEE ALL OVER THE BATHROOM. This is NOT a litter-room! You can't just "go to the bathroom" all over the bathroom!! Maybe we should start saying "go to the TOILET" or even better "go IN the toilet." Two pee incidents this morning, involving both sexes and two walls and the floor and their underwear and my shoe (again):

INCIDENT #1: One Little Darling Girl stood up while still peeing (again, on my shoe) and then after she had finished her business stood up WITHOUT WIPING so that her leftover business dripped all down her legs and onto her panties (and my shoe) requiring Miss M. to wipe her entire lower body, go fetch her a clean pair from her backpack, remove the semi-soaking pair of offending undies and put on the clean (for now) pair of Dora underwear. Sigh, it is moments like these that make me recind all negative remarks I may have made regarding Hand Sanitizer. Also of note, this same darling girl tends to absent mindedly scratch and poke around in her underwear while we're sitting at circle. I think I'll get some sort of hip holster for GermBuster...

INCIDENT #2: Darling Little Boy enters bathroom in state of panic while other children are washing their hands for snack. Miss M. frantically clears the room for said boy while said boy is hosing down the wall. We're talking Power Washer here. I think he waited until the last possible second and by that point the underwear and pants were a serious impediment to his mission so the second he (mostly) cleared that hurdle...he was all ahead full. Clorox wipes are my favorite now.

On the plus side, no major teary moments or tantrums today. Although I did have to hold one girl for almost the entire gym class, which made playing Frog in the Lili Pad somewhat difficult. My arm hurts. And Mrs. C. forgot to tell Mrs. M that today was Red Day, so Miss M was the only non-red person in the classroom. How embarassing. I had to get a scarf from dress-up.

That's all for now, I think I'll go home now and maybe whip up some soup for dinner and maybe start a new book (went to the library today, and against my better judgement, I got books), but I should probably finish the one we're reading in Film class...which is WAAAAYYY weird.

I close with this remark: "No man with a good car needs to be justified!" From aforementioned weird book.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gross, Lindsey! Ever heard of too much information? Just think, you're helping raise the future leaders of America. Weehah.

9:14 PM  
Blogger M.O.M. said...

Now you can say "I feel your pain..." Over the many years of mothering and janitoring I have also encountered LOTS of pee in places where it should not be!

It could always be worse...but you may not want to think about that scenario.

Glad to hear you're studying so hard:)

8:43 AM  
Blogger D.Cous. said...

Wow, Mrs. M, you must be so proud. "Aww, my little girl's all grown up and wiping urine off the walls." Seriously Linds, remind me not to shake hands with you the next time you're around :)

1:10 PM  
Blogger DaWheeze said...

Eeww. Boy am I glad I work with a bunch of potty trained adults (at least i would assume so).

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home