Monday, September 11, 2006

The Math

Here's my figuring on my quilt and my plan for the week:

current estimated time of completion is at 30 hours (20 for quilting, 10 for piecing and final work).

There are approximately 120 hours between now and the show, subtracting 16 of those hours for work leaves me with...

104 hours, subtracting 28 of those hours for class leaves me with...

76, subtracting 30 of those hours for sleep leaves me with...

46, subtracting 6 of those hours for showering, tea making, eating, and depressed staring off into space leaves me with...

40 hours which means I can maybe think about doing a bit of work for my actual classes (but maybe not).


All of that leaves me with...not much sanity.

6 Comments:

Blogger M.O.M. said...

Great math skills (actually, I didn't even check!). So much for finishing the quilt over the summer, huh?

Say, are you allowed to use a machine to stitch the pieces together? I'd bet Beth P. has one and is pretty handy...(Whenever possible - automate - also known as cheating! )

Me again.

Happy b-day to D. Isn't A.'s b-day around now? What are we going to do for LMM's b-day??? Stumper, that one.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Yes yes, I do remember our conversation about school work, yes yes I am a procrastinator to the Nth degree, and yes I have access to a sewing machine (several in fact). I am planning on using one or more of them for the piecing and border-ing, but first I have to quilt the daggone bugger. I have 6 more squares to go as of 3 pm today. Tonight I aim to get two more completed and then finish the other four I guess tomorrow and thursday. That way I can spend all of friday and saturday piecing and finishing etc. Don't worry, I have a plan.

5:38 PM  
Blogger DaWheeze said...

Oh man Lindsey. Oh man.

8:34 PM  
Blogger D.Cous. said...

I'm not too sure you had all that much sanity to begin with, and I mean that in the best possible way ;) Keep it up!

1:21 PM  
Blogger M.O.M. said...

Hey Lindsey,
I hear you finished the quilt! Bravo! When are you going to post photos?

Do you know how to get to the other little sister's blog? If so, post a link. Nothing I do seems to work!

Me.

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, how was the quilt received anyway? You're relieved to be done with it and learned mucho.
CLEM

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home