Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Oh dear. Oh d-d-d-dear dear.

Well I have a lot of things to do today. And in case you were wondering, posting on my blog was not one of them. Oh well. I am a little ahead of schedule since I thought my little wooden labels would take longer to make. I misunderestimated my speed and skill. Ha ha.

Bad news of the day: one of my projects from Graphics 1 is GONE. Disappeared, vanished, vamoosed. This causes me nervousness because we have to include ALL projects from EVERY class we've taken. (for some reason I just thought of Star Wars: "Shut them ALL down!"). I'm going to talk to a prof and ask her how terrible it would be for me not to have my Grid project from GD1. My only idea was to redo it without telling anyone because it's not likely that the prof will remember what they looked like...but the Honest Abe in me is saying that that would be a mistake. Plus, we're supposed to show improvement and I'm sure if I redid them now I'd do some killer grids, and they'd get suspicious because basically all of my GD1 work sucked. Hmmm... dilemnas.

Good news of the day: uh. I didn't have to get up early. But I still did because I turned the wrong alarm on! I have two alarms on my CD player and one is always set for 6:15 for a normal week, but since this week is spring break at work, I've been using my other alarm (set for 9). So, I turned on the 6:15 one naturally. I think this was supposed to be a good news section, and I'm complaining, hmmm. Well, I did go back to sleep for another 2 hours and that was almost as fun as not waking up at all. Oh, here's some good news (sort of I guess), remember my poetry book from last semester? Bob Dylan? Well, remember my irritation at the grade/teacher of that class? So I redid the dratted book for review last night, got it all printed at copymax (CURSE YOU BLUE VESTS!!!!!) for the modest sum of 10.59 and cut it on their nice little razor cutter thingy. All in all the redo only took me about 4 hours. Mwa haha. And not a typo in SIGHT!!!! Hot DAMN!

Dreams: lately I've been dreaming a lot of doom and gloom, probably on account of Junior Review on friday. The other night I dreamt that my hard drive fell off my desk and started bleeding everywhere and I was trying frantically to stop the blood saying to myself "Pressure! put pressure on the wound! Oh no, please don't die! Don't die on me!!!!!" It was a little odd. But now every time I look at my hard drive I see the oozing blood coming out of it. I don't like to have humanfied objects.

Cigars: so I went to Meijers yesterday on my way home from CopyMax. I managed to only spend 8 bucks (milk, yogurt and granola).....at first. Then I walked past the Tobacco stand....Ok, a little history. On Friday is my review (I've only mentioned it four times so far) and I had decided that when it's over I'm going to need some serious unwinding, I also decided that this unwindage would take the form of smoking a cigar on my front porch. I was informed by several people that my leftover Swisher Sweet (from a girls night last summer) would not at all satisfy this goal of mine. A few weeks ago you may recall, I went to the Guys house and we smoked these cigars called "Black and Milds" yes, awesome name, whatever it means. They were pretty tasty and celebratory and cheap. So back to Meijers, I walked by the Tobacco/Lotto station and saw the B+Ms there, hmmm...consumerism set in and I decided to purchase them. Only, of course I didn't want to just go up to the counter and say "I'll take a pack of Black and Milds please." Oh no, Meijer Lady might think I was a regular smoker. So I went to the counter and said "Uh, do you sell individual stamps here?" "No, you've got to go to the machine down there" "Oh, ok. Well. Oh then I guess I'll take a pack of those uh, Black and uh....Milds?" Yes, very smooth, very naive. I felt so wicked. But at least I am now in possession of celebratory Cigars for such occasions as Reviews and babies.

Holy Heifer, it's 12:17, and I've got to get PRINTING!!!! See a good deal of you on Saturday! That's the day after review by the way.

2 Comments:

Blogger PCPL Youth Librarian said...

Lindsey,
I am all for unwinding after Friday's review but does it have to be cigars?? We have a no smoking display at the library I think you might want to spend some time reading the literature... How about some tea and a chocolate bar for unwinding? Hummm? Thinking of your health!
Sara

11:13 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Oh the tea and chocolate will definitely be present in the unwinding process. But the cigar Sara! The cigar! The ultimate symbol of success! Had a baby? Smoke a cigar!! Got a great job? Smoke a cigar! Buy a new yacht? Smoke a cigar! Passed Junior Review? Smoke a cigar!

Honestly, it's not like it's become a habit of mine, I've smoked three in my life. I don't think I'm a serious candidate for mouth/gum cancer yet.

In the words of House (the doctor show) in response to the statement "She's dying!" "We're all dying. How soon?"

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home