Monday, March 27, 2006

A Misnomer of Epic Proportion (or at least $28.97)

Flip it all. Seriously. If you, the average consumer, were to come upon a product named "Lazertran" and read on the package the slogan "any image, any surface" and saw a picture of homecrafted candles with clipart images "lazertranned" onto them... would you naturally assume it would be safe to print this "lazertran" from a "lazer" printer?

I would. And I am significantly more informed than the average consumer. Or at least so I thought when I purchase 10 sheets of Lazertran at the hefty and extortionistic price of $28.97. That, my cyber friends, is $2.897 per sheet. I am now in the plan B stages of my Tea Packaging operation. Namely: Kinkos. Apparently this "lazertran" works in "colour photocopiers." And no, it doesn't work in my inkjet because "lazertran" is of a delicate constitution and cannot withstand fusing temperatures higher than 180 degrees Celcius (whatever that is). The only thing I understand about this paper is that I soak it in water and it sticks onto "any surface."

"Any image* any surface"

*except anything from a lazer printer, or a hot inkjet, or certain photocopiers, any canon product, in fact, only print this on xerox copiers manufactured before 1989 and located within 50 kilometers of a Spars Shoppe.

Death to Lazertran and all his evil minions.

2 Comments:

Blogger DaWheeze said...

Geesh, those darn marketing peoples. Give all kinds of false impressions. Pretty funny though :)

8:07 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Thanks for laughing at my plight. today I must go to Kinkos and probably pay MORE money to get those @*#$^@#^ things printed. But on the upside, they are flippin SWEET boxes. I shall post one momentarily.

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home