Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Bluestocking

So, it's been a crazy few days over here. The dang blasted 3D exhibit "Ubiquitype" finally went up yesterday. This was the thing I was doing that amazon test for. I ended up with 9 of those logo quiz things, for each I had to construct this foam-core/matt board/rubber cement creation in order to reveal the answer. Last wednesday I stayed until 10 (class ends at 5) and only got TWO pieces built. I went home for the weekend (finally!) and managed to forget about the fact that I had to have all 9 up by monday (yesterday) at midnight. I think I broke my thumb from all the cutting, but I managed to finish and mount them by 8, I was home and in bed by 10! So exciting!

This morning I arrived at school 7:40 (later than usual, I accidently got on the 37, which goes to all the apartments near campus. I thought it was the 7:05 #50, but 4 minutes late and I ran to catch it not bothering to look at the number). It was also the morning of the Chicago trip that the art department puts together every year, so everyone had gathered in the atrium where our exhibit was up. Sigh. My pieces are destroyed. Several of the stopper pieces that were supposed to keep the answer board from sliding ALL the way out, were on the floor. Pins were falling out. It was pretty demoralizing. But on the up side, there were people standing there guessing away and getting things wrong. Having fun! So I suppose it was worth 13 hours of intense thumb torture.

Nothing else much to report. In preschool yesterday we made Pepperoni Pizzas for the letter P. It was a lot of fun, and very yummy. Plus I got to take the two extras home for lunch. The morning was also brightened by the visit of my friend Shannon, the previous preschool aide. The kids were very impressed by the fact that we were friends. I think somehow my authority/coolness was verified by my actually proving that I was friends with their old pal. Cute. Also, Babe Ruth (aka, the Boy Who Hits) was home sick. I felt kinda bad for not feeling too bad that he was feeling so bad. It made the day oh so much quieter.

I watched the last episode of the first season of Battlestar Galactica......all I will say is HOLY FRACK! I wanted to go to the library yesterday to pick up a bunch of books and cds I had requested, but they were closed! President's Day? What? How come GVSU wasn't cancelled? So disappointed in my educational institute's lack of respect for such greats as Lincoln, Washington and Howard Taft. Sigh.

And now I shall really get busy scanning these photos. Eagerly await the grand opening of my website, bluestockingdesign.com. Yes that's the name, and yes that's final. I already purchased the domain so I ain't changing it. Even if some people think it sounds faintly connected to the ahem..."ladies of the night."

6 Comments:

Blogger PCPL Youth Librarian said...

Hi, Lindsey!
Congradulations on the amazon font exhibit. Sounds like it was a hit. Sorry to hear it was sort of destroyed, but on the up side if it was boring it would still be in perfect condition. Same way to view stolen books at the library, must of been a good purchase if someone wanted to keep it forever... PCPL was open on Presidents day so you were not the only one slaving away instead of celebrating the great dead presidents.

3:04 PM  
Blogger DaWheeze said...

Who thinks your website is connected to "ladies of the night?" It doesn't have any connection to that at all! But maybe i'm just ignorant. Guess what I'm listening to? I'll give you a hint, "chips" :) See you in a couple days!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey randomly.

I hate GoDaddy.com. Did you see the commercials they put on the superbowl? stupid sick boys. grrrrrr..... I want to hit them.

8:19 AM  
Blogger D.Cous. said...

Hey there, like the logo. I thought that you didn't like "swoosh" logos, though, and you clearly have one here. Just curious if there was some sort of conversion in progress. :)

5:44 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Hey D, yes it is a swoosh. The swoosh is gone now and it says "bluestocking design." I only had the swoosh in the first one because it's part of our exhibit "Make Your Own Swoosh Logo!" Pretty fun. And yeah...the website is KILLING me. On the upside, we had class at Main St. Pub today.

Yes, that's Main Saint Pub.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

yes, Jodi, I hate GoDaddy's commercials too, but GOSH they're cheap!! I waffled for a good 4 minutes on the issue of supporting the company depicted in those immature commercials. In the end, money won out over Integrity.

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home