Monday, January 30, 2006

Gon We Shin Nyen!!

Or "Happy New Year!" That's chinese. This week in preschool we're celebrating the chinese new year, with all sorts of fun. Today for snack time the teacher made...rice...and the kids "used"...chopsticks...That lasted for about 2 seconds for most of the kids, punctuated by remarks like "These sticks don't work!" and "these are stupid." Of course, me and the teacher had to answer with "we don't say stupid in preschool" and "well they use them in China, it's hard to learn..." la dee da.

So who likes sweeping up sticky rice?

The kids also found out that most of them are snakes. Yes, hours of fun to be had by hissing like a snake and saying "I'm a snake! I'm a snake!" I found out that I'm an ox, my ox sounds were not as amusing to the children. I was informed "That's not funny." Yikes. Tough crowd. On the upside, I got my first paycheck today! And can I just say....I HATE TAXES!!!! Ooh, and on another upside, today was "teacher appreciation day" so the school catered a meal from Boston Market for us....hoooo chicken. That's the best I've eaten in weeks.

In other news, I have a whopper headache. Probably my brain is shorting out from staring at computer screens for hours on end. Maybe that's not the only reason.

In other other news, I am a bit worried about the end of the semester creeping up on me. I've been waiting for the last 3 weeks of class for things to suddenly get out of control busy...but they haven't! Shouldn't I be grateful? Instead of increasingly and nerve-wrackingly worried that the build up will be beyond my ability to cope with.

And now, my brain is oozing out of my eyeballs and it's taking extremely long for my fingers to get the message telling them which letter to hit. Also not so good with thinking. So, this concludes our broadcast hour. I think I'm going to bed at 8.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home