Thursday, January 19, 2006

Stop Stealing Sheep

So, you know you're bored when you start looking at the Pittsburgh Steeler's depth chart to find out how many first string players played at Michigan (one, in case you were wondering too, Larry Foote, heck yes! best inside linebacker ever!).

graphics 4 starts in 15 minutes, apparently the teach has decided to end Advanced type at 1:30 and start Graphics 4 at 2:30 so that people can actually eat something instead of going 6 hours straight in the graphics room. Good idea. Reminds me that I have an apple for lunch in my bag. Ooohhhh and a bagel! Ann, our textiles teacher, brought in bagels and cream cheese for us this morning. there were a bunch leftover, so I grabbed one for lunch. Dinner is being provided care of the latest exhibit reception in the PAC. I love openings. So much food. So many meatballs. Punch. Cookies. Cake. The last one was a Jamaican exhibit, so they had absolutely KILLER mango pepper chicken plus fresh pineapple and little fruit cake thingys. That's the best part about exhibits and shows, the food. The campus' best kept secret. So I'll zip over there after graphics (although, what the heck am I going to do for three hours since me and amy already finished our website...?).

"Stop Stealing Sheep and find out how type really works" is a book by Erik Speikermann. Frederik Goudy once said "Anyone who would letterspace Blackletter would steal sheep." He said the same thing about lowercase letters. Naturally, this is very amusing. Heh hehe.

And that's about all for today. And this keyboard is really dirty. And this mouse is sticky. And these labs STILL don't have Illustrator CS (still running 10!! that's TWO versions ago! It doesn't even have the auto align bar!!!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I used to work at a college bookstore and they had that book. I was always amused by the title and never understood why it said that. oh well. I'm out of the graphic designers inside joke and i'm ok with that.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

well, now you know! I want to buy it, it's an awesome book. Lots of funny type stories and factoids. fascinating you know.

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home