Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Behind the scenes: The Sunrise

This weekend, as every other, I saw the sunrise. This is what happens when you don't have to wake up before the sun, you see. On this particular weekend however, certain disillusionments were cleared away. Saturday morning I awoke groggily and looked out my window. I saw a brilliant blue sky and an amazingly bright orange sun peeking just over the roof of our neighbor's house. Generally I look at it, thank God for a beautiful sun, roll over and go back to sleep. This time I thought I'd stay awake for a few minutes and watch it rise.

I waited and watched.

And waited.

And watched...

nothing! The sun was not moving! I thought this was a little odd (come on, it was 7:30 in the morning, I'm not very rational at that time). So I lay there for a bit, pondering on this dilemna. And then I moved...

And the sun moved! Jumped! So I sat up and looked out the window...what the hey!? The sun had now risen at an impossible speed!

It was then that I put my glasses on.

It was then that I looked out upon a streetlight.

Yes, for countless days I had been waking up and thanking God for a beautiful....streetlight. Sigh, what a Lindsey moment.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

:)

4:56 PM  
Blogger D.Cous. said...

That is amazing. At least you're finding beauty in the simple things :)

6:39 PM  
Blogger DaWheeze said...

Wow, almost lost it in the middle of the computer lab. That's kind of like my thinkig the "Shell" sign was the moon.

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lindsey,

Hey! Check it out!

http://livingstonreads.blogspot.com/

Leave a comment!

Techboy

4:06 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Techboy!! How are ya man?! How my babies/the Macs doing??

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home