Monday, February 13, 2006

Curses! Foiled Again!

Speaking of leftovers...I love community Potlucks! Everyone pitied the poor starving college student and I went home with pork and rice and five pieces of cake (um, to share with the other housemates of course...)

And the results are in!!! Can I just take a moment to sob uncontrollably and pat myself on the back and thank my agent? I have successfully fooled everyone! it's the FIRST ONE!!! The original logo uses Officina Sans, and the second one (that everyone guessed) is Meta-Bold!! Woohoo! Good guessing though everyone, they were very similar. I have a really good Meijer one that maybe I'll put up soon.

Today in preschool we had our Valentine's party! Something I remembered at 10 last night, and quickly made up some valentines in Illustrator.

Nothing much to report from the weekend. I watched the opening ceremonies for the Olympics and just about died laughing at the cows and the trees on skates. What was that? The flag tossing was awesome though, and I'm afraid I was too tired to watch the torch get lit, I mean, I lasted through the ENTIRE parade of nations (England had the coolest coats), and plenty of strange dance numbers and it was already 11:30. I watched an awful movie called Oscar and Lucinda, which in the end involved the main character drowning in a glass church (long story). I made up for that movie by watching an episode of Battlestar Galactica and some pairs skating (those two things sound very funny in the same sentence). On sunday night I went to UCO and...PLAYED the guitar! My first public appearance went smoothly and I didn't make too many ghastly mistakes. In case you are thinking that I didn't get any homework done this weekend...you're right! All of my projects are in process so I don't have anything really due for a few weeks yet. I did work a little on redesigning my awful AWFUL cd design from last semester. Here are the results for the cover. I scanned in some of my library books, gotta love those old library bindings eh? That's the blue pattern, it comes from the book "Amorelle" by Grace Livingston Hill, my newly discovered Author of the Month. She has 2 shelves worth of old books at the downtown library. Hmm, class is "starting" in five minutes.

And that concludes our broadcast hour.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hah! ive stumbled accross yet another family member's blog. I havent heard from you in a VERY long time. how's it going?

4:38 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

elise! Holy cow! Awesome to hear from you! Good stumbling! I'm great, in school you know, pretty busy. email me! lindsey(lastname)@hotmail.com all lowercase, one word, no parentheses. I wonder how successful I'm being at keeping myself anonymous.

5:01 PM  
Blogger DaWheeze said...

Woah! Cousin! Missed you guys at the fiftieth party, sorry you couldn't make it :( Lindsey, very cool design, what did the old one look like? Can't believe we were all wrong on the amazon label, we all thought Mom was right after we cheated and went to amazon.com to check. I guess it's true; cheaters never prosper!

8:28 PM  
Blogger Reenie said...

potlucks?? you like those??? well, i guess considering some of the kitchen um "creations" you come up with, even a potluck could be exciting. me? nope, i hate potlucks cuz they usually consist of lukewarm cassaroles with unrecognizable ingredients that inspire my gag reflex.

good job on the amazon thing. i knew i was wrong, i was just testing you :D heh heh heh.

well, gotta get some work done now. love ya! take care and take it easy on those potlucks :D

8:46 AM  
Blogger ckm said...

You're going to have to interepret some of these cryptic remarks and pictures. Grandma must be slipping a little. What's the deal with the rocking chair?
Fun reading. Congrats.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home