Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Early Renaissance North...or South? Or is it Baroque? Or Late Renaissance???????

Just had my Art History Midterm....oooof. I studied so dang hard for that thing (uh...yesterday), that I was almost disappointed we didn't have to do any identifying. We only had 5 "unknowns" and 2 essays. I know every single painting, building, statue, sneeze completed between the years of 1452 and 1700 (that we covered in class...). I lost SLEEP over those dang Bernini/Bellini/Fabrinis! At least I was able to cite PLENTY of examples when justifying my period choices for the Unknowns. Sample answer:

"This piece has a strong resemblence to Parmigianino's 'Madonna of the Long Neck.' It is also similar to Titian's 'Pieta,' Giorgione's 'Tempest,' Pontormo's 'Entombment' and Tintoretto's 'Last Supper.'"

Of course I described why it so resembled those pieces and why those are all Italian Mannerist painitngs, I didn't just name names. The essays were a tough part though, we had 40 minutes for two, and 20 minutes has never gone so quickly. When she said "You should be moving along to your next essay" I was only 3 paragraphs into my first one. This was because of my anal need for outlining. At about that same time I began to seriously regret my purchase and consumption of a 20 ounce Iced Tea. On the second essay I moved a LOT faster, so fast in fact that my PEN RAN OUT with only 5 minutes left!!!! I emitted a squeek of terror and Sigrid immediately sensed my distress and offered me a pencil. So the second half of my essay was in very soft lead and extremely sloppy. I hope she can read it, or rather I hope she can't read it, guesses at the content and gives me an A based on my previous superior work. I also wish that I were the Queen of Luxembourg and owned a Bugati.

2 Comments:

Blogger D.Cous. said...

What's a bugati? Don't worry too much about it, I'm sure that she'll read the top of the page and say "Lindsey? Oh yeah, she's the smarty-pants. I'll just give her an A now instead of wasting my time going over this test."

7:15 PM  
Blogger DaWheeze said...

E-mail your sister. The cute blond one with glasses. This estrangement is getting to me...Wahh!!!

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home