Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Lots of Worse than Pee

So yeah, everyone commented on how gross my pee story was, well, ha, if only it were just pee today.

Poor little "Betty" threw up today at circle. Hmm yes. We were dancing around doing the FriendShine song (like "This little Friend of mine, I'm gonna let him/her shine...") and she stops, leans forward and chucks on the carpet. The poor thing was so surprised and scared by her sudden illness that she started sobbing while heaving. Not pleasant, or conducive to breathing. I quickly ushered her into the bathroom while Mrs. C got the sawdust (brilliant brilliant stuff). She was very upset and wanted me to hold her but uh, yeah she was kinda covered in vomit. Fortunately she had her Name shirt on over her regular clothes, so I gingerly removed that. But yeah, it was overall not a pleasant experience. The only good thing about it was that it happened 10 minutes before dismissal and appeared to be more stomach unsettledness than actual illness. So hopefully I won't catch some other nasty bug and be laid up for a week. Yikes. Definitely washed my hands twelve times.

I'm scared to go to three year olds tomorrow.

8 Comments:

Blogger DaWheeze said...

I think I prefer pee to barf too. But both are pretty bad.

4:25 PM  
Blogger M.O.M. said...

OK Lindsey, that was definitely disgusting. Poor kid.

I think we should all pitch in and get you a gallon size container of hand sanitizer...

You did say you washed your hands, right? About a million times, for ten million minutes. Then you took a shower and washed all of your clothes in really really hot water?

Just a suggestion. When in doubt - SANITIZE!

Gloves might come in handy too.

I DEFINITELY feel your pain!

4:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

eeewww... it's like motherhood without the pleasant motherhood part.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Stu said...

bluck

8:28 PM  
Blogger D.Cous. said...

Whoa, spam. I'm kind of agreeing with Jodi on this one, Linds. I guess you get paid, though.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Reenie said...

yeah, kids are gross. At least if they are your kids, you're partially responsible for their grossness... but yeah, at least you get paid for the gross :) and yes, ask a certain dude we all know how great hand sanitizer is. heck, he talks about fonts now, so you can break down and use his obsession. :P

12:35 PM  
Blogger D.Cous. said...

I'll respond to that in the form of question: Which one of us has been sick for the last week?

1:07 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

hmmm, good point on the sickness. But my use of hand sanitizer has billioned (word?) since working with three year olds. How are they so much grosser than four year olds? Oh yeah, they pee and poop at random.

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home