Monday, January 15, 2007

And They Have a Plan

Hello in Blogworld. I have several news items to report, varying in importance.

Item #1: I had a snow day today! I was moaning all weekend about not having MLK day off, and lo and behold! God provides. You may wonder what I did with my snow day...well, that leads me to-

Item #2: You probably recall my excited ranting about the show Battlestar Galactica. Well, a wonderful aunt of mine has been reading my blog and took pity on me, she sent me season 2.5!!! So instead of having to wait FOREVER for the next disc to come, Lauren and I have watched three more episodes. It's just so good. Although I'm a little upset by the last episode we watched, there was a sad death and an annoying girl. Sigh. And now I must wait until tonight to watch the next episode.

Item #3: uh...did I have an item 3? I feel that I have more to report than two. Hmm. Well, we went home this weekend after a movie night on friday. We had 15 girls at our house! The prospect of company led to a cleaning frenzy, the place has never been so clean. We watched Win a Date with Tad Hamilton and Cutting Edge, although a lot of people pooped out during the second movie. Myself included, I woke up at the end credits.

Item #4: I remember what Item 3 was going to be! I was going to tell you all that I've decided to drop my victorian lit class. This is an extremely sad decision to make. But I really doubt that I'd be able to keep up with all of my classes, and I don't need the credits. So, I'm afraid I'll have to read Middlemarch, Great Expectations, Tess of the D'urbervilles and others on my own. I'll miss the class, the teachers is favorite of mine, but I guess I have to concentrate on my major. Sadness.

And that's the news from Grand Valley.

6 Comments:

Blogger DaWheeze said...

OH NO! You're dropping it? How sad, now we're not both taking a Victorian Lit class :( I'm on my own. Sniff. Make sure you watch the forward I sent to you, it's amazingly funny. So yeah, maybe i'll figure out how to put it on my blog...hmmm.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Reenie said...

Thats sad to drop a fun class, but you'll probably be glad you did in the long run. way to be all responsible. Congrats on the snow day!! guess thats when working in the schools pays off, and working at the local engineer's office doesn't... and this morning as i drove in, sure enough, pretty much all of Washtenaw County has the day off again.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

I know! I am SO SAD. It was my only fun class. I talked to the teacher for about 20 minutes, about Middlemarch, other favorite novels, good adaptations etc. I'm so going to miss that class. He told me to email him and visit him to talk about novels though, he's worried I won't read much this semester...Oh he's so wrong. I always make time to read for fun. Yoink.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

And Snow Days rock my world. I slept with the phone last night, but alas no call. I had a dream she called and said we didn't have school. Didn't come true, sad.

4:00 PM  
Blogger D.Cous. said...

Yeah, the weather's been rather weird here lately, mostly freezing rain, and last night while driving home I saw (no kidding) blue lightning. Weird. No MLK day off for us, if not for the postal holiday and the lack of mail it would've passed without my noticing it. So sorry that you had to drop your class, though I'm sure you'll get around to reading the material on your own if you haven't already.

4:07 PM  
Blogger saracita said...

It's me; the less-than-illustrious Sara Kennedy. I found your blog via facebook and I must admit that I'm a Battlestar dork as well.

That is all.

Over and out.

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home