Friday, February 09, 2007

I wouldn't call this art history

Ok, so I should be composing my brilliant 200 word proposal for my equally brilliant Medieval Symbolism research/synthesis paper. However, I have been researching sacred art in the middle ages and the modern religious art movement in the 50s for nigh on 2.5 hours. My brain is bruised. I was in the computer lab in the Steelcase Library in downtown GR until a few minutes ago, whereupon I rented a laptop and moved into the main library room. It's really a gorgeous interior, high ceilings, stained glass, chandeliers, tall bookshelves, and cosy lamps. The carpet's a bit of an eyesore though, unfortunately. They say that after staring at a computer screen for extended periods of time you should focus on something far away. I've chosen to look at the snowflakes involved in the blizzard outside the large semicircle window.

Oh HO!!! I've just located the location of the man who printed a 250+ page TOME in the lab, taking all the paper and nearly causing the printer to overheat. When it ran out of paper he stood there for a bit making inquisitory grunts "Huh...", verbalising his thought "Gee, I can't see why there might be a problem with this printer." Seriously, what is with people?? He's taking up an entire table too, I might have known.

Anyways, this really isn't getting me my 200 words, of which I have written...29. I have 1 hour and 55 minutes to email it to the instructor. Yes, I'll be logging out now. Sigh. My only consolation is that for every 100 words I write I'll be rewarding myself with a lindt milk chocolate truffle with a smooth white chocolate filling. And maybe a beer when I get home. Hey, I'll have earned it.

4 Comments:

Blogger D.Cous. said...

Ooh, warning about the beer and chocolate: Things that are great on their own are not always great together. Kinda like quesadillas and tuna fish.

6:55 PM  
Blogger DaWheeze said...

Hehe, nice D. Could do with some chocolate myself though...

7:35 PM  
Blogger clem said...

Just you wait, Henry Higgins! Lots more "work" where that comes from. May it always come with chocolate (and sometimes beer).

8:17 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

dude, that is so my plan for tonight again. Chocolate and beer. someone should make a chocolate flavored beer...!!!!

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home