Tuesday, April 10, 2007

From Holy Week to Hell Week

My fondest greetings to my reading public. I am going to hopefully avoid the amount of dumb quote corrections by avoiding entirely any contractions.

Well, it has been quite some time. 21 days in fact, far too long. Since my last post, I have gotten a job, had two separate spring breaks (one for GVSU and one for preschool), and helped moved my sister and my grandparents.

Speaking of preschool, today was our first day back from break and it was oh so special. Not only did Grace fall apart (as usual), but Ruby who is typically cheerful and rambunctious! Grace collapsed during gym when we were “playing” soccer. That was quite the experience in itself, they did not really comprehend the concept of teams, and spent the entire 8 minute game chasing the ball and kicking it. The two goals that were scored were purely accidental, I do not place much confidence on Sammy’s grasp of her duties as goalie. Grace was so upset about not getting a purple (dude, what were those nasty yellow mesh shirts called that we used in gym at SSA?) thingie and being on the Blue team instead, she said she did not want to be on the ugly color team. So I tried to tell her to sit by the wall, just as Ruby came running up to me and grabbed my leg sobbing that she missed her mommy. I guess this is what happens when 3 year olds spend a week and a half away from school. So I had to comfort and coddle two sobbing toddlers that both wanted me to hold them and were fighting over that very privilege. I definitely did not pick either kid up. And I use the term “sobbing” generously, since they were both faking.

Speaking of Hellish, this week is quite busy for me. Yesterday I had my final crit for my book jacket project (I will post pictures eventually), so I spent the entire day yesterday resizing and changing my files (I had to buy 6 blank journals to put my jackets on, but there were only 5 at one bookstore so I had to go 30 minutes across town to the other one just to buy one more stupid book). Uh anyways, all these parenthetical tidbits are distracting me. I managed to get them printed and on the books before class technically started, but it was close. We had a visiting designer in for crit, which was nice. He was very helpful and really liked my designs, which made me happy and less depressed about Friday, the day of my senior review. Gads you say! Another review! Yes, the third and final review of my distinguished art school experience. I present my two senior projects to a faculty panel and then they ask me questions and then they kick me out of the room and talk about me, and then they invite me back in and tell me if I can graduate. Lovely.

So that was yesterday. Since I spent so freaking long on those jackets I did not find myself adequately prepared for my medieval symbolism presentation today on the revival of Medieval Sacred art ideals in the 1950s. I thought it went awfully, but I talked to the prof about it for a while after class and she said I was over reacting and it was not as bad as I thought. Phew. So maybe I did not fail. Right now I am going to head home and revise my Over the Rhine posters and ads, and make a minor tweak to one of my book jackets and then maybe drink a beer. If anything is on sale at the Meijers at which I shall stop on my way home. Tomorrow I will be preparing for my Capstone presentation on thursday (yeah! another presentation!) and probably getting all my stuff printed for senior review. Gads. Thank God my teacher is allowing me to turn in my FOUR remaining papers at the end of the semester.

Until I blog again, caio.

5 Comments:

Blogger DaWheeze said...

Lindsey dearest, you amuse me. Thank you for making me feel like my workload is light and doable. It actually does seem that way now that I've read your post. Good luck. Enjoy the beer and the on-sale beef pot pies. By the way, the ugly yellow things were called "pennies" don't ask me why, I have no idea. I also don't know if that is the way it is spelled, but that's the way it is pronounced.

5:29 PM  
Blogger D.Cous. said...

Hey, look at the bright side: You weren't micturated upon today! I really think I spoil you, being so encouraging and all ;) Congrats on getting one presentation out of the way, and the crit sounds like it went well! Give 'em hell.

5:31 PM  
Blogger M.O.M. said...

Hang in there Loolee! You'll make it. You may be a tad sleep deprived, but you'll make it. Hint - you might get even more done if you lay off the beer! Man, I would've been great during Prohibition! ;)

2:34 PM  
Blogger clem said...

By the way, "ciao" is the preferred spelling, at least by Brazilians. You could start a new trend in greetings.

Speaking of trends, yours is going to change significantly and soon, so don't worry. Eye on the ball and it will fly out of the park.

And speaking of another trend, visit my blog soon for a sneak preview at an upcoming fashion rage.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

dude! Pennies! That's been bothering me for too long.

Actually, the beer I had last night while designing/freaking out probably helped things. Not that I'm going to turn to drink to solve my time management issues.

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home