Thursday, October 27, 2005

Various occurences in my day to day life (sounds ghastly no?)

Mellow greetings yookie dookie! The quote above is one of many many funny teacher sayings that I have immortalized in my notebooks. Oftentimes, instead of writing down important parts of lectures like the three different forms of female circumcision, I find myself capturing unique and personally amusing things that my teachers and sometime fellow classmates say(although that's mostly given up, in Philosophy last year a girl looked at my notes and gave me a funny look because I'd just written down something she'd just said...awkward and probably creepy to her). Someday I think I'll compile my collection, I've been doing this for oh, 6 years of college now. Some of the more amusing have found their way into my vernacular sayings such as my community college psychology teacher's "As the Hawaiian says..." series. Oh yes, series. He had a plethera of endings to that beginning, my favorite of which being "love me love my dog." I also like to just say "as the Hawaiian says" and come up with my own conclusion. Yes, I am very easily amused.
(speaking of which, I just figured out that I can
change the color of my text and the alignment....sweetness itself
one small gripe...I HATE all the fonts in the list!)

This blogging is providing me with some easy amusement in what would otherwise be a 4.5 hour break spent doing...homework? No, that didn't sound appealing to me either. Although I did do one tiny smidgeon of work for Graphics. I have four hours today abnormally. On alternating thursdays I'm home by 4:30 and 8:30 (women's group every other week).

Uh, oh wow, I just got completely distracted because I realized I hadn't checked my boyfriends blog in weeks. Quite amusing. Wish I could figure out how to link to his, oh wait here goes... http://republicofdcous.blogspot.com maybe that worked! Although, I'm sure all the people who read my blog are also readers of his. Except for the random computers who check for keywords like PRINTER or BUSINESS CARD and send me helpful "human" messages like "great blog, check out printermania.com if you like printers!" Hey, let's see if this is one of their keywords: NOSE HAIR TRIMMER, better yet PORTABLE WIRELESS ELECTRIC NOSE HAIR TRIMMER, perhaps I'll get a comment "great blog, ur so funny! lol! if you like portable wireless electric nose hair trimmers you should go here nosefolliclemanagement.com."

But where was I in my narrative? Oh yes, I'm here until 8:30 on this particular non-women's group thursday because I'm giving two young gals rides home! Which also means I'm going home. Hey, side note, Trebuchet's lowercase L's look a lot like Meta's, interesting. Yes, total freakhead. So now I have only 1 hour and 23 minutes to go. At some point I need to go to the bathroom again. Maybe I'll work out a schedule, yes yes, be organized. It seemed to help my scriptures teacher today as she attempted to list the topics she wanted to cover. Hmm, I think we covered about 2 of 10. Wow, 20% topic coverage, that's a marked improvement from previous classes where we end up discussing Buddhist asceticism instead of the Dhammapada's cultural impact. Meh, who cares. It's all asian to me. ("hi! great blog! if you like asians..."

Proposed Agenda for One Hour and Twenty One Minutes:
7:09-7:45===> keep posting on my blog
7:45-8:00===> check other peoples/relatives blogs and post accordingly
8:00-8:20===> mindlessly peruse IMDB in an attempt to fill my overstuffed brain with more useless cinematic trivia.
8:20-8:24===> walk to Calder parking lot (technically lot N, AKA the far reaches of nowhere, poor art students)
8:24-8:27===> remove all of my crap from back seat and throw into trunk, put all disgusting trash items into nearly empty "trash bag" and perform other car cleansing acts so as to make my vehicle capable of supporting human life for at least the two hour drive to Ann Arbor (gasp! location disclosed!!!)
8:27-8:29===> drive to dungeon dorm parking lot and wait excitedly and unsuspiciously for Rachel and Christina to emerge.
8:30===> depart GVSU with charges and transport them successfully to their respective destinations. Failure is not an option! Neither is sleeping on the road! Employ all means necessary to keep myself awake! This includes loud music, air conditioning, excited conversations about BBC dramas with the girls and perhaps if absolutely necessary, a caffeine stop for a 32 ounce mountain dew. Which would also mean a pee stop about 45 minutes following that 32 ounce fix.

So, I'll try to stick to that schedule and we'll see how well I do.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

I suppose I should have specified that the "above quote" referred to the quote at the top of the blog page, not "various occurences etc." Although that's equally amusing and I would probably write it down too. I need help. Or a hobby.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Reenie said...

you're amazing woman! after a post that long (and about fonts no less) you feel the need to comment on your own blog :D I can't say i read the whole blog-- didn't have time-- but i'm glad you're so passionate about what you do :) and I'm sure all of it was absolutely brilliant. I like Garamond sometimes, and other times I like Bell MT. for work, i usually use times new roman. and i abhor the old courier font :D there we go, my own take on fonts. okay, gotta run. its a beautiful sunny friday afternoon and i have a beautiful niece less than a mile away-- man i wanna skip outta here early... sigh. happy friday.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

I know I'm hopeless. It's occurred (are there really two R's in that?) to me that my posts are excrutiatingly long, I'll try to pare them down in the future. Not sure if I'm really cut out for blogging since I'm so irregular with posting that when I do post, they're unreadably long :)

Garamond and Bell MT eh? Not bad, not bad. Bell MT goes back to the 1780s, when John Bell wanted a new typeface for his newpaper, it was recut in the 30s. And Garamond...what a history. I'll spare you, but it involves a ton of reworkings and variations and the awesome new typography movement member Jan Tschichold.

Can't wait to meet your niece!! Happy weekend!

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home