Thursday, September 29, 2005

Jesus Potter....ZAP!!!

Well, in case anyone was wondering about my destination in the afterlife, I believe I can put your mind to rest. I shall burn in the special area of hell reserved for blasphemers and people who don't use their turn signals even when it's pouring rain, dark, and they don't have their lights on. My reasoning follows:

In my comparative religions class last night we were talking about various gospels that never made it into the canonical bible. The Gospel of Thomas and the oh-so-popular-da-vinci-code-inspiring Gospel of Mary Magdalene. Another "lost" text we talked about highlighted events from Jesus' childhood. Apparently as a kid, Jesus couldn't control his powers and bad things would happen to the kids who made fun of him and other things like that. The second the teacher said that, a million amusing/sacreligious images flashed into my overactive imagination. The most predominant being one of young Jesus with a zig zag scar on his head saying "who's You-Know-Who?" So of course I immediately voiced that thought and said "So Jesus is Harry Potter?" The class lost it for a few minutes and the teacher made lightning bolt sounds in my direction and told the kids next to me to scoot away.

Maybe Jesus should sue JK Rowling for libel...

1 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

hmmm...suspicious. more possible computer people posting on my blog. I wonder if for example, Shania is part of a system that searches for the word "printing" in blogs and then posts that comment. Actually, i am interested in Business cards, we have to do 25 of them by monday for Graphics. But I think i'll print them myself for free.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home