Monday, March 17, 2008

Silly Lindsey, Haroseth is for Seders...

This weekend my family headed out to Grand Rapids for the annual Seder Meal (Christian Passover celebration). One of the dishes traditionally served is Haroseth.

Now, I love Haroseth. Every year my former housemate Sandy makes it for the Seder, and I would always eat the leftovers in small quantities for dinner around the house. If you visited that link, you saw that for every apple in this recipe you add a cup of red wine. I'm not sure how many apples Sandy put in this year's Haroseth, but let's just say...I shouldn't have brought leftover haroseth to work. For lunch. I am now slightly tipsy and very tired. Silly Lindsey.

3 Comments:

Blogger DaWheeze said...

Hah, what did I tell you? Oh well, you probably enjoyed it anyways. See you in an hour and 7 minutes...

4:00 PM  
Blogger saracita said...

That's very silly indeed. Wes likes making haroseth and we've had random haroseth dinners on occasion... which usually knocks me out on the couch or something. I think something about the apple+wine combo is particularly potent?

I saw Donal at the Corner last night and was disappointed in you for not being there.... clearly you aren't irish enough yet.

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You seem like an interesting person, if you eat haroseth regularly.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home