Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Peanuts and small change

I brought leftover asian noodles and chicken for lunch today. As I was heating them up I noticed the salted peanuts in the snack box above the microwave. Sudden, inescapable, overpowering and intense was the craving I then felt for the peanuts to be in my asian noodles. I returned to my desk to get some money (I needed 85 cents) only to find...a mere 35 cents in my purse! But...I needed those peanuts!! Not to worry, I thought, as I spied my receipt from Meijers the other day. I did the Office Creamer Run on monday, Petty Cash owed me $5.38, it was a perfect plan. Receipt in hand, I headed to the Petty Cash box. Upon opening it I discovered to my horror...20 dollar bills! No small bills! Blast! I had nothing to break a 20 with!

I headed back to my desk, morose. I replaced my receipt for $5.38 and noticed a receipt from Staples for $22.24, that's right! I had done the Office Foam Core Run last week! I rushed back to Petty Cash, took out a 20 and then noticed with dismay the enormous lack of quarters (zero) and dimes. I quickly made up one dollar out of the last few dimes and some of the nickels. Naturally, there was no lack of pennies. I used the last 50 cents worth of Nickels and made the rest up in pennies. So, I now had $22.24 in the form of one 20 dollar bill, 5 dimes, 20 nickels, and 74 pennies. Yes. 74 pennies. I headed, not entirely without triumphant feelings, back to the snack box, and put in 10 nickels and 35 pennies (not all 74 because I know that would be a totally depraved act). Then I took my peanuts.

Salted Peanuts have never tasted so good. And now I have 54 coins totaling 1.39 in my purse. Donal, please let me give you exact change for the next year.

2 Comments:

Blogger DaWheeze said...

Ahh, this is on Facebook too. I see...

7:18 PM  
Blogger Cecilia said...

yeah, it's kinda weird how your blog posts are here and on facebook...weirdness.

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home